Canopy of Prayer
Churches United in Prayer
“So then, just as you received Jesus Christ as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.” (Colossians 2:6-8)
- Lord, lead us to repent over racism, division, and separatism in the Church. Break our hearts, for what breaks Yours. Help us to understand, that change must began with the Church, so guide us in our conversations on race and division. We ask that You reconcile us back to Your Body and teach us how to walk as children of the light. Father we trust Your Word, as it says in Isaiah 61:3 You will give us beauty for ashes and out of this evil in the world, may the bride of Christ arise in all her beauty, clothed with a garment of praise. Unite Your Church into One Body in Christ. We declare that we will become One, as You and the Father are One, (John 17:22-23).
- May the Church find a new zeal and commitment to the great commission and purpose You have given us, which is to transform the world by sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ and making disciples, (Matt 22:37, 28:19-20)
- We receive God’s Word as having absolutes authority in our life, (Psalm 1:1-3)
- As God’s children may we walk in integrity, looking and acting differently from the world (I Peter 2:11; 1 Corinthians 13:6) Release a holy fear of the Lord into the heart of Your people, (Proverbs 9:10)
“… I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.” (1 Tim 2:1,2)
- More than 500 veterans commit suicide annually in Florida, per the Fire Watch Council. Pray that God will provide godly men and women counselors that can intervene to save live and change their destinies.
- Lord grant our Government, at every level, the wisdom to manage through the protesting of George Floyd’s death. Direct their response in a manner that pleases You. Protect all that are involved. Let love prevail and a sound mind.
- Pray for President Donald Trump, Vice President Mike Pence, the Cabinet Members, Congressional Leaders (Nancy Pelosi & Mitch McConnell) and our Supreme Court Justices. May God give them a spirit of wisdom, discernment and cooperation. Lord deliver us from the division that separates us and unite us in Your Will. Lord we pray for Governor DeSantis, our legislative & judicial leaders, Mayor Curry and his team. Lord guide them in reopening the state and local
- Pray for courage and dependence on God for our military. Lord give them perseverance to endure hardship and protect them they protect this nation. (Psalm 91, Romans 5:1-5) Please provide protection and support for the families left behind, while relatives are protecting the nation. (Romans 1:8-10)
- Lord give us Chaplains in the military that know You and are divinely appointed to deliver hope and spiritual strength to our soldiers and their families. (Proverbs 4:11)
We pray that families are able to resolve differences between parents and children, husbands & wives and that all family relationships are healed. (Mark 3:25, Malachi 4:5-6)
- Pray that love prevails in every household. Restore our families and teach us devotion, honor, how to practice hospitality towards neighbors and how to live by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 12:9-13)
- Pray that family needs, both physical and financial, are provided for by God. Teach us healthy lifestyles both physically and spiritually. (Matthew 6:26-28)
- We ask for food and shelter for the homeless.
- Pray that families will renew their devotion time before God, training the children in the way they should go, teaching them to read the scripture and pray together as family. (Proverbs 22:6)
“If you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God. For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.” (Proverbs 2:3-6)
- Pray for a safe place for learning and restore the teaching of biblical values and ethics to our students, teaching them the importance of obeying the scripture. (Psalms 1:1-2)
- Excellence in educators (Exodus 18:20-21)
- Equal opportunities for every student to achieve their full potential (Philippians 1:9) Pray for peace over the minds of our students in this region. (John 14:27)
- Pray for teachers to truly connect with their students in online classes for this summer. (Proverbs 15:2)
- Pray for a safe environment for teachers to live out their faith.
“I have filled him with the Spirit of God, giving him great wisdom, ability, and expertise in all kinds of crafts. He is a master craftsman, expert in working…” (Exodus 31:3-4)
- Pray for God’s provision for the small business that suffered financial issues due to covid-19. Lord give them creative ingenuity to accelerate reopening their businesses. (Eph 2:10)
- Pray that God will bring businesses to Northwest Jacksonville that are willing to invest in and hire employees from community.
- Pray for small business loans to be processed quickly.
- Pray for the 12-member advisory group, (led by the Jax Chamber CEO, Daniel Davis), appointed by Mayor Curry to guide the reopening of Jacksonville. Lord give them creative ideas and the resources to open needed businesses, especially in communities that need an economic boost (Psalm 132:15)
- Lord encourage your children to be living examples, while at work. (Philippians 2:3)
“…Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.” (Philippians 4:8)
- Pray that the news media will accurately report what is happening in our communities without bias.
- Lord help us to eliminate the partisan approach to reporting and interpreting the news.
- Raise up men and women of godly character to represent You in the media.
ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT:
“Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.” (1 John 2:15-16)
- That God will raise up creative servants, (anointed by God and inspired by the Holy Spirit), in all the literary, performing, musical and visual arts communities. Lord, help them to reflect Your creativity and imagination in all that they do and not model themselves after what they see in the world.
- One of Jacksonville residents in combination with other leaders in the film industry is currently producing a major Christian film that covers the life of a key biblical figure; pray for God’s discernment and clear guidance as to who else should be involved at every level of production and for all the remaining steps along the way. Film to be released in approximately 18-24 mos.
- Lord, keep your artist pure and humble in Your calling. Help them to avoid the pitfalls in arts & entertainment that are contrary to Your heart and Will for their life, e.g. pride, acclaim, notoriety and bad influences. Lord grant favor and empower Your children in Arts & Entertainment to represent You and share and demonstrate the gospel with their peers, evangelizing the lost and changing their destinies…
- That God would sovereignly intervene in the lives unbelievers within the arts & entertainment industry and that their testimony and changed life will dramatically impact their associates and followers.
“Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.” (3 John 1:2)
- Holy Spirit guide us in treating and curing people from the COVID-19
- Lord remind those who are home alone in this pandemic that You are with
- Father give health care workers and their families the strength and courage to persevere. Place a hedge of protection around them so that they may be protected from any infection and strengthen their mental health and faith in you. Grant wisdom and compassion to health care administrators, so that they are guided by You to do what is right for all healthcare employees and patients.
- Lord cast COVID-19 into the sea.